Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 7 September 2018

SHELTER OF THE MOST HIGH by CONNILYN COSSETTE

Publication date 2/10/18.
SHELTER OF THE MOST HIGH is the second book in the CITIES OF REFUGE series by CONNILYN COSSETTE. Although it can be read as a stand alone, I would recommend that you read the first book, A LIGHT ON THE HILL, as well, as it is a really worthwhile read.
The story starts in Sicily in 1388 with Sofea, the daughter of a pagan high priest, and her cousin Prezi, being attacked and captured, ending up in Kedesh, one of the Hebrew cities of refuge.
It is a truly beautiful book, with an exciting plot, a lot of suspense, and a really excellent Biblical message. In fact, the author brings a feeling of peace in spite of the very real danger in which the characters find themselves; truly the peace that comes from being in the shelter of the Most High!
I like the way Moriyah, Darek and Eitan, treat the young foreign girls, showing them Yahweh's love, mercy and acceptance, which contrasts strongly with the treatment they received from Sofea's wicked and ungodly father.
This period of history is so interesting, as it is about twenty years since the Israelites came out of Egypt into the Promised Land. We see some results of their disobedience in not keeping separate from the Canaanites and their pagan beliefs.
I particularly like the descriptions of Shiloh, the Jewish festivals, and the High Priest, Eleazar. This is a must read for everyone who has a love for the Jewish people and who worships Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment