Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 8 March 2018

ALIAS RAVEN BLACK by BARBARA ELLEN BRINK

ALIAS RAVEN BLACK is the second novel in the Second Chances series by BARBARA ELLEN BRINK. It can be read as a stand alone, but I recommend reading Running Home first.
We meet Brenna Blackman again, who also calls herself Raven Black. She has lived a life of crime, after running away from her father at sixteen, and wants to straighten up now and live a more normal life. She is skiing at her favourite place when she is found by her father and Thomas, the P.I. her father has employed to find her, and also by the F.B.I. The agents whisk her away, insisting that she work undercover as a nanny to crime boss Anthony Giordano's children in exchange for them letting her off her crimes. She has to try and get information for them so they can put him away for good. The plot has many twists and turns and things are not always as they seem.
It is heartwarming to see how Raven relates to Rico and Maria who don't receive any affection from their self-centered father and who miss their mother. She knows what it is like to be ignored by her father and her heart bleeds, especially for Rico who can't seem to please Giordano no matter what he does.
It is a story of redemption, of second chances, of unconditional love. We are reminded throughout of the One who loved us enough to give up everything to save us.
I really enjoyed the book for the good story and the strong Christian message.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Barbara Ellen Brink said...

Hi Sue! Thank you for reading and reviewing Alias Raven Black. I'm glad you enjoyed Brenna's story. Trial By Fire will be coming soon!

Post a Comment