Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 15 March 2018

THE HEART'S APPEAL by JENNIFER DELAMERE

THE HEART'S APPEAL by JENNIFER DELAMERE is a charming love story which takes place in London in 1881. Not only is the historical setting well described, but there is also a strong Christian message.
Julia Bernay is a student at Queen's College on Harley Street where she hopes to qualify to study at the London School of Medicine for Women. She is a nurse but feels the Lord calling her to become a doctor and go to Africa as a medical missionary. Having grown up with her sisters at George Muller's orphanage, she is a well grounded Christian and trusts her Lord implicitly. Julia meets Michael Stephenson, a young barrister, his sister Clarissa, and Laura Maynard, the youngest daughter of Viscount Delaford, in a carriage on the London Underground. There is an accident, Julia saves Michael's life, and life changes for all those involved.
The plot has many twists and turns, the characters are well portrayed and it is an altogether lovely book. This is the first novel I have read by this Author, but it most definitely won't be the last!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment