Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 11 January 2018

UNDER A CLOUDLESS SKY by CHRIS,FABRY

With every novel I read by CHRIS FABRY, and I have read most of them, I say, "This is my favorite", but now I say that UNDER A CLOUDLESS SKY is most definitely my favorite amongst favorites! This Author truly knows people and what makes them "tick", and he has the most beautiful way of expressing their emotions. This, together with his descriptive powers, makes for an incredible read.
We meet Ruby and Bean in Beulah Mountain West Virginia. Ruby's father is one of the mine managers and Bean's father is a mine worker. The two girls become inseparable. Bean shares her mother with her motherless friend, and Ruby shares all she can of her father's wealth with Bean, by raiding the company store, which he owns, for treats!
Something is going on on the third floor of the company store building which is definitely not right! Ruby and Bean find out and this has consequences. When we come across Ruby Freeman in 2004 she is the only person alive who can testify to the truth, but does she really want to? It is after hearing the same talk twice over on forgiveness by her favorite radio announcer that Ruby decides to go back to Beulah and face the consequences.
We come to know Ruby's children, Frances and Jerry, as well as Hollis Beasley and his granddaughter Charlotte, together with many other colourful characters. We see different sets of relationships, some godly and some not, running through the story.
There is a strong theme of the importance of forgiveness, not only forgiveness towards others, but also towards oneself. So often one is afraid to divulge secrets for fear of what others will think, instead of seeking the relief that comes from a clear conscience.
The story starts in 1933 and carries on in 2004. There are lots of twists and turns, some suspense, then all comes together in the end when the truth comes out. We see how the Lord watches over His children, sometimes engineering circumstances in order to save them.
As with all Chris Fabry's novels, there is a strong Christian message, and this, together with an exciting story, makes Under a Cloudless Sky well worth reading. I cannot recommend it highly enough.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment