Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 January 2018

IF I LIVE by TERRI BLACKSTOCK

IF I LIVE is the third and final book In TERRI BLACKSTOCK's IF I RUN series. Although it is all right to read it as a stand alone, I recommend reading IF I RUN and IF I'M FOUND first. This not only helps in understanding the story but also shows us how Casey's relationship with Dylan and her relationship with the Lord unfold.
It is a gripping suspense novel with a strong Christian message. We see police corruption at its worst, spreading out like a huge net, affecting so many lives. No wonder the dirty cops will do anything to keep the truth from getting out!
Casey Cox is a fugitive. She has been accused of murdering her best friend, Brent Pace, who was murdered by the same crooked cops who murdered her father when she was twelve years old. Brent had found information about her father's murder, so he was brutally silenced and Casey was set up to look guilty.
Dylan Roberts is a war vet who suffers from PTSD. He has been asked by Brent's parents to find Casey and bring her to justice. Brent was his best friend and he spent his happiest childhood years at their home. He ends up as something of a fugitive himself because he knows the truth and is doing all he can to protect Casey and get enough evidence to put the criminals away.
A warning - do not start If I Live in the evening or you will never get to sleep! I really enjoyed this novel and can highly recommend it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment