Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 20 January 2018

ISAIAH'S DAUGHTER by MESU ANDREWS

MESU ANDREWS has done it again! She has given us another beautifully worked out biblical novel. ISAIAH'S DAUGHTER takes place during the last part of the wicked King Ahab of Judah's reign and the reign of his godly son Hezekiah. As the title suggests, Isaiah, Yahweh's prophet, features strongly in the story. In her inimitable way the Author fleshes out the biblical story without in any way compromising the truth of scripture. She has done a great deal of research and gives us a real feeling of life at that time in history. The story not only follows the historical books of the bible, where we are told of Hezekiah's reign, but also the book of Isaiah with its prophecies. I love the way we see how prophecies, which are fulfilled in the New Testament, are taken personally by Hezi and Zibah.
Ishma, the little orphan girl whose name means "desolate", is adopted by Isaiah and her name changes to Hephzibah, meaning "his delight is in her". This becomes a reality when she not only becomes the wife of her best friend, the king of Judah, but also realizes she is Yahweh's delight and He becomes her peace.
The characters' feelings are very well portrayed. We see how they deal with fear, loss, unforgiveness, anger and lack of faith. The very real problem of idolatry is dealt with as well. We see examples of godly marriages with Hezi and Zibah and Isaiah and Aya, as opposed to the horror of Ahaz's relationship with Abijah.
This novel is so full of biblical truth, the story kept me enthralled to the last page, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment