Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 16 June 2011

FOOLISH TO BE WISE BY ROY PEACOCK

FOOLISH TO BE WISE by Roy Peacock is one of the best books I have ever read.  I had a copy which I unfortunately lent out once too often, and was devastated to find the book is out of print.  I have been looking for a copy for years in second hand book stores, with no success.  The other day I found that Amazon had seven second hand copies - now they only have six!  I have ordered one and can't wait for it to arrive.  The book is an autobiography by Roy Peacock, an aeronautical engineer and highly educated scientist, who came to know the Lord, together with his whole family.  Roy doesn't come to the Lord without a struggle, but finally he makes a total commitment and then he understands how science and the Bible fit together.  This book definitely proves the absurdity of some scientific theories that deny the existence of God. Roy and his whole family come to know the Lord in a very dynamic way, and their lives are never the same again. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment