Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 31 October 2022

PRETTY LITTLE PIECES by CARMEN SCHOBER

Publication date 6/12/22
PRETTY LITTLE PIECES by CARMEN SCHOBER is a beautifully written romance novel with a strong Christian message of redemption and restoraion, unforgettable characters and a great love story. As Savannah says of her sister Georgina’s relationship with Cassidy, “Its like your feelings for each other take up actual physical space.” 
When Georgina Havoc comes to Tarragon from Nashville with her best friend Poppy to try and build her own career after being let down by her partner and boyfriend Lance Broussard, she is broken but determined to succeed. I like the way the very pregnant Poppy stands by her through thick and thin as they have one delay and potential disaster after another, as Lance does his best to ruin things for Georgina. When Georgie’s twin sister leaves rehab and comes to Tarragon it seems like the last straw.
Cassidy Stokes had an illustrious army career as a sniper and wants to use his talents in order to make a difference in El Salvador. He  turned to drink when his wife died and is a work in progress, having turned to the Lord for His help.
It is a story about two people coming from very different family backgrounds, with very different lives and dreams for the future…..
I am not going t tell you any more as I do not want to spoil the read for you.
I cannot recommend Pretty Little Pieces highly enough. It is a book that I will definitely read more than once.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment