Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 16 October 2021

HIGH-WIRE HEARTBREAK by ANNA SCHMIDT

Publication dare 1/1/22
HIGH-WIRE HEARTBREAK by ANNA SCHMIDT is a dual timeline novel taking place in Sarasota Florida at circus magnate, John Ringling’s, winter estate, in both time periods. I found this novel to be a most delightful read, with a well formed plot, unforgettable characters and a subtle Christian message. It is a story of hard times and new beginnings.
When famous author, Chloe Whitfield, comes to the beautiful old Ringling estate, which is now a museum, she meets Dr Ian Flanner who is in charge of the place and its renovation. He, together with others who work at the museum, is very knowledgable about its  history and architecture. Chloe is there to get inspiration for her next historical thriller for which the intriguing Ca D’Zan (House of John) will provide the setting. As she looks into the history, she is fascinated by the story of Lucinda Conroy, the famous aerialist who she believes is her great grandmother.
Running parallel to Chloe’s story, and eventually tying into it, is Lucinda Conroy and Bernardo Russi’s story which starts in 1936 with Lucinda performing a triple back somersault with her partner Bernardo at John Ringling’s seventieth birthday party. Lucy and Nardo’s  story is both heart wrenching and heartwarming.
This is a refreshingly different and most enjoyable read and one I cannot recommend highly enough. 
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publishing The opinions in this review are completely my own.




0 comments:

Post a Comment