Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 2 October 2021

AS DAWN BREAKS by KATE BRESLIN

Publication date 2/11/21
AS DAWN BREAKS by KATE BRESLIN is the gripping story of a young woman’s courage as she works, first at Chilwell shell  filling factory in Nottingham, and then at the Gretna factory in Scotand, during WW1. Rose Graham, as Tilly Lockhart, finds a loving family with the Bairds and close friendship with the young girls she oversees at the Gretna factory. Although she dislikes hiding the truth from everyone, especially the handsome Captain Alex Baird, she is afraid of losing her freedom if she is forced to marry the man her uncle has chosen, and also afraid of what will happen to her young brothers if she is found out to still be alive.
Both Rose and Alex have secrets and things are definitely not as they seem. There are saboteurs to be uncovered and stories to be unravelled in order to escape an explosion at Gretna. Will the fledgling romance between Rose and Alex be able to survive once the truth comes out? Will they still be able to trust one another?
I love to see how the closeknit Baird family surround orphaned and troubled Rose with love and acceptance and how she flourishes in their home. It is also good to see how Rose finally loses her innate timidity when she “becomes” her courageous friend Tilly. She finally realizes that her courage comes from the Lord and she learns to trust that the plans He has for her life are good.
I have enjoyed every novel I have read by this author and As Dawn Breaks is no exception.. It is a beautifully written book with unforgettable characters who are realistically portrayed and who draw us in to experience what they are going through. The suspense will keep you on the edge of you chair as you wait for the promised explosion!
I cannot recommend the book highly enough. It is  an inspirational WW1 romantic suspense novel with a good Christian message.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment