Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 January 2021

THREE MISSING DAYS by COLLEEN COBLE

Publication date 16/4/21
THREE MISSING DAYS is the third novel in the Pelican Harbor series by COLLEEN COBLE. The whole series is outstanding, and I recommend that you read the books in sequence, but Three Missing Days can be read as a stand alone. It is a suspense filled thriller with quite a bit of romance. The characters are unforgettable and I am really sorry to say goodbye to them, having followed them since reading One Little Lie. The author writes her stories based on Christian truths, which really enhances her books.
Jane Hardy, the chief of police in Pelican Harbor, and Reid Dixon, have a fifteen year old son Will, who is charged with murder. It is obvious that he has been set up, but the question is by whom and for what reason?
It is imperative that Jane remembers what happened during three missing days in her childhood, especially when a militant group from a cult connected to her past are found camping on an island close by, led by an unscrupulous man who wants information from her. She feels that this, together with two deaths in a house fire, are somehow connected to Will's case.
I am not going to tell you any more as I do not want to spoil things for you, but I guarantee that you will not be able to put the book down until you have read the last page. Three Missing Days is an exciting and enjoyable read and one I cannot recommend highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Thomas Nelson. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment