Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 7 August 2020

WHAT YOU SAID TO ME by OLIVIA NEWPORT

Publication date 1/11/20
Having read and enjoyed the first three novels in the series, I have been looking forward to reading WHAT YOU SAID TO ME by OLIVIA NEWPORT, and am definitely not disappointed! This author has split time story telling to a fine art! It is an enjoyable book, with real depth and a subtle Christian message.
In present time we come across Nolan Duffy, the friendly family advocate and mediator, enthusiastic cook and singer of arias, and father of Jillian Parisi-Duffy, a much sought after genealogist.
Once again their professions overlap when Nolan brings a fifteen year old delinquent home to help Jillian bring order to the hundreds of valuable old documents that overflow the dining room table. Jillian has been employed by the Matthew Ryder Foundation to find children that were stolen and sold by the wicked Judd Ryder. Jillian has no idea how to relate to Tisha Crowder with her bad attitude and really bad home life, and beats herself up every time she says anything that feeds Tisha's feeling of unworthiness. It is only when Tisha gets caught up in the sad stories in the old documents that the work becomes interesting to her.
In 1893, due to the crash in the silver price, Clifford Brandt is forced to move his family from their lovely home in Denver to Canyon Mines where they run a store that they have exchanged for their house. Their family dynamics are really shaken by their change in circumstances.
When a journal is found in the old Brandt building, the past and present are brought together. That is all I am going to tell you as far as the story is concerned.
The characters are realistically drawn and we really get to understand them by the way their thoughts and feelings are described.
It is a thought provoking and inspirational read and one I can highly recommend.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publis
hing.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment