Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 7 August 2020

BACKLASH by RACHEL DYLAN

Publication date 6/10/20
BACKLASH by RACHEL DYLAN is the second novel in the Capital Intrigue series, following after End Game, but both books can easily be read as stand alones. It is an exciting legal drama, full of roller coaster action which will keep you guessing right to the end.
When CIA agent Layla Karam is seconded to the DEA for a hit on the Mejia Cartel and Diego Mejia's younger brother is killed, she seems to become a target. To make matters worse, she is alao being investigated by the Inspector General's office on trumped up charges. Layla plays strictly by the book, is a committed Christian who lives out her faith and tends to think the best of everyone she works with, excepting for her ex boyfriend, Hunter McCoy who broke her heart. He is the PI who is working with the DEA to keep Layla and the other agents safe, and to look into some money that has gone missing since they got back from Honduras.
I love the camaraderie between Layla and her friends, some of whom have their own problems to deal with as well as also being targets.
The novel is fast paced, full of suspense and intrigue and has a strong message of hope and second chances. It is an exciting and worthwhile read and I highly recommend the book to anyone who enjoys this genre.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment