Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 20 March 2019

THE STREET SINGER by KATHLEEN NEELY

THE STREET SINGER by KATHLEEN NEELY is a beautiful book. The story is bittersweet, with unforgettable characters, and it is one that will really stay with you. It is an emotional read, with a good Christian message, and a theme of restoration and "remembering" running throughout. I feel it brings to mind the story of the Good Samaritan and also the love chapter, 1 Corinthians 13.
Adda Mae and Trisha Mills have quite a bit in common. Both carry deep sorrow and loneliness from their past, and both are seen as socially inferior by the men in their lives. Ernie used Adda's talent and then left her penniless and alone, and Grant Ramsey, Trisha's fiancé, who comes from a moneyed and socially superior background, does not want the woman he is about to marry to sully the Ramsay name by associating with a poor street singer!
Enter attorney, Rusty Bergstrom, and life takes on new meaning for both Trisha and Adda. I am not going to tell you any more excepting to say that I cannot recommend the book highly enough.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Nice review Kathleen!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Post a Comment