Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 December 2018

CASTLE ON THE RISE by KRISTY CAMBRON

Publication date 5/2/19
CASTLE ON THE RISE by KRISTY CAMBRON is a novel that takes place in three time frames, all tied to the ruins of Castle Chryn and Ashford Manor in County Wicklow, Ireland, namely 1797, 1915/16 and the present day. The author has obviously done a great deal of research into Ireland's history and has cleverly mixed fictional characters with historical facts.
It is a beautifully written book with truly memorable characters who draw us into their joys and sorrows, making us really relate to them. We see how Laine and Cormac deal with their individual brokenness, determined to rise above the past. All the main characters show tremendous fortitude in fighting against circumstances that could easily have destroyed them. This is against the backdrop of the people of Ireland's fight for freedom from tyranny.
The novel starts with a quotation from Isaiah 43:2, which is God's promise to never leave nor forsake His people and to be with them in every trouble. I love how this truth is understood and taken hold of by those who are fighting for freedom, for their country, but also for themselves.
I would actually call this novel an epic story and can highly recommend it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment