Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 December 2018

THE WHITE CITY by GRACE HITCHCOCK

Publication date 1/3/19
THE WHITE CITY by GRACE HITCHCOCK is a really delightful read. The story takes place in 1893 in Chicago at the time of the White City fair. The novel has a bit of everything - romance, intrigue, humour, murder, and a good Christian message running throughout. I know it is Grace Hitchcock's debut novel and I certainly hope she writes many more of the same caliber!
I love the quotations at the beginning of each chapter, from well loved authors from long ago.
Winifred Wylde is police Inspector Wylde's daughter and seems to want to follow in her father's footsteps. She is not interested in the never ending social engagements that her aunt insists she takes part in, nor in the suitors that she is encouraged to spend time with, as her aunt is afraid of her becoming an old maid. She wants to do something worthwhile with her life. She is an avid reader of romantic suspense, and when she sees a woman being manhandled by a man at the fair grounds she is convinced that he is the White City kidnapper.
I am not going to tell you any more in case I spoil the read for you, except to say that I really loved this book and can highly recommend it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment