Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 July 2018

A TALE OF TWO HEARTS by MICHELLE GRIEP

Publication date 1/9/18
A TALE OF TWO HEARTS by MICHELLE GRIEP is a delightful read. The story takes place in 1853, in the time of Charles Dickens, and, in fact, we meet the heroine, Mina Scott, with a copy of David Copperfield that she is trying to hide from her father, Jasper Scott, the innkeeper.
I love the charming characters, the intriguing plot, the beautiful English and the constant quotes from Dickens' novels. I like the fact that the dashing William Barlow has changed radically since making his life right with the Lord, only to get badly caught up in a web of lies while trying to protect his uncle and save his mother's life.
In the novel we learn that it is best to trust the Lord with our problems and leave the outcome to Him, rather than working things out in our own strength, and we also learn what really is important in life. It is a story about second chances as well.
I can recommend the book for the lovely story, great setting in history, and good Christian message.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment