Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 20 May 2018

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE by KAREN WITEMEYER


MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE by KAREN WITEMEYER is a delightful romance novel with a great deal of action, and also strong biblical truth of which we are reminded throughout.
The story starts in 1879 with four children going back on the Orphan Train, having been unable to find anyone willing to take them in. There is an accident and four year old Evangeline's brother, Hamilton, dies, after asking Zach to look after his sister. Zach is an angry young man of thirteen who takes it upon himself to take care of Evie and Seth, an unhealthy boy who suffers from asthma. Evie has one brown and one blue eye, and is shunned by many who see her as an evil witch. Nothing could be further from the truth as she grows into a compassionate and praying young woman. These three "misfits" call themselves the Hamiltons and they make up a very close knit and strong family unit.
Zach works hard to provide a home for his little family and takes his responsibility seriously. The story carries on in 1894 with Logan Fowler buying land next door to them. When Evie befriends their new neighbour her brothers become worried, being overly protective of her.
I don't want to spoil the read for you so I won't tell you any more except to say that we see that there is always hope in the Lord, even for the most broken of people. We see how important it is to not keep grudges and to not be bitter and unforgiving towards one another. It is important to look further than a person's outward appearance for the qualities that may lie underneath. The best gift that one can give another person is to accept and love them unconditionally.
I really enjoyed this novel and can highly recommend it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Sue Garland said...

Sorry I spelled your name wrong Karen! I cannot seem to correct the heading!

Sue Garland said...

Managed to change spelling in the heading!

Post a Comment