Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 9 July 2016

MISSING by LISA HARRIS

MISSING is the second novel in LISA HARRIS' NIKKI BOYD FILES, and after reading VENDETTA, I was looking forward to the next book in the series. I was not disappointed. The novels can be read as stand alones, but I am glad I read them in sequence, as the main characters we meet in VENDETTA are further developed in MISSING.
As in all her books, the Christian message is strong. Nikki Boyd is a missing persons' detective, and is passionate about her job. Her sister disappeared ten years ago and she does her best to not let her grief and guilt surface while she is investigating a crime. In fact it makes her even more determined to bring the perpetrators to justice. We see how she calls upon the Lord when she is in danger, and how she wants to trust Him more in her private life as well.
Her best friend's widower, Tyler Grant, who has issues of guilt himself due to his wife's death, is trying hard to let go of the past. He is also at risk, as he finds Lucy Hudson's husband's body on his boat.
Looking into Lucy's disappearance is not what it seems and there is something very sinister going on. Certain people are willing to commit murder in order to cover their crime, bodies are piling up, and time is running out.
The plot is well worked out and the book is exciting and hard to put down. I can definitely recommend this novel and am looking forward to the third one in the series, which I believe is coming out next year.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment