Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 12 April 2015

DOUBLE CROSS by DIANN MILLS

DOUBLE CROSS by DIANN MILLS is a thrilling detective novel with a strong Christian message. Against a background of fraud against elderly Alzheimer's patients, murder and intrigue, we see how officer Daniel Hilton and F.B.I. Agent Laurel Evertson deal with issues of fear, doubt and forgiveness in their own lives, whilst doing all they can to find out who is behind the life insurance scam which has affected Daniel's grandparents and others at the Silver Hospitality seniors' home.
To do this they have to team up with Morton Wilmington, a convicted criminal who Laurel put into prison by living with him under cover as his fiancée, who has been paroled due to his supposed conversion to Christianity. They don't trust him, but they are forced to work closely with him in order to get in with his former partner in crime to find out who is behind this nation wide attack on the elderly.
Daniel is a believer who has been impacted by his godly grandparents, Earl and Abby Hilton, who took him in when his mother abandoned him and his father died. He has to deal with unforgiveness towards his mother.
Laurel's life fell apart when her parents died. She is angry with God for allowing it to happen and also for allowing her partner, Jesse, to be shot when Morton was arrested.
Was Morton's conversion real? Can he be trusted, or is he working against them?
Not only is the novel packed with suspense but it is a really good character study. I love the description of the loving relationship between Daniel's elderly grandparents and Daniel's love and respect for them. I also like the way Laurel treats the elderly with understanding and compassion. It is interesting to see how Morton tries to relate to people in the outside world after spending so long in jail.
Who is behind the scam? Is the double crosser himself being double crossed?
I can highly recommend this novel.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad









1 comments:

DiAnn said...

Thank you so much!

Post a Comment