Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 17 August 2023

KNOWING YOU by TRACIE PETERSON

Publication date 7/11/23
KNOWING YOU is the third novel in the Pictures of the Heart series by TRACIE PETERSON, but it can easily stand alone. It is an interesting book with great characters, a well thought out,plot and a strong Christian message. The author has obviously done a great deal of research on Japanese history and customs.
The story takes place in 1909 in Seattle at the Alaska-Yukom-Pacific Exposition, where there is a special Japanese exhibit. May Parker, who works as a camera girl for Fisher Photography, is particularly interested in all things Japanese, having a Japanese mother, and is delighted when she is offered 100 dollars to do a detailed painting of a rare suit of samurai armour for a couple who claim it has ties to their family.
Lee Munro, who May has not seen since they lived next door to one another ten years ago, is a police detective who is working at the expo, and the two friends are delighted to meet up again…….
It is a time when there is little tolerance for the Japanese and Chinese, and we see this prejudice when the Munros sell their house and move away because they do not want to live next door to the Parkers, thus separating the two young friends.
I like to see how Lee and May, as strong Christians, deal with the animosity they receive from Lee’s family…….
The story is exciting, with Lee chasing a well known forger who has been eluding capture for some time, and who seems to have his eye on the valuable samurai armour……
I like the camaraderie amongst the Camera Girls who watch out for and pray for one another…
This is a most enjoyable book and one I highly recommend to anyone wh enjoys this genre.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment