Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 9 July 2022

THE HIDDEN PRINCE by TESSA AFSHAR


Publication date 8/11/22
I cannot recommend THE HIDDEN PRINCE by TESSA AFSHAR highly enough for the gripping story which is filled with biblical truth that leads to the promise of the coming Redeemer. I love the Scripture verses heading up each chapter, many from Proverbs and Jeremiah, and completely in tune with Keren and Jared’s journeys as they work out God’s purpose for them and as He gives them the strength to carry on. Jeremiah 29:11, that speaks of the Lord’s perfect plan for our lives, comes out very strongly.
I love the descriptions of life in Babylon and of Keren living and learning in Daniel’s household, and of her journey to Media where she meets the delightful Artadates, the chief shepherd’s son, who is to play such a big part in her and Jared’s lives……
There is a wicked king, of which it is said, “Unpredictable humans with unlimited power should play no part in any sane person’s life,”  which description also fits Jared’s wicked father.
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you. I always look forward to this author’s books and The Hidden Prince definitely does not disappoint! This is a novel that I will definitely read more than once!
I was given a copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment