Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 12 September 2021

A DEEP DIVIDE by KIMBERLEY WOODHOUSE

Publication date 5/10/21
A DEEP DIVIDE by KIMBERLEY WOODHOUSE is an historical romance novel with a strong Christian message and lots of suspense and twists and turns, all of which make for an exciting and inspirational read. The author has obviously done a great deal of research into the history of the Harvey Houses and the Grand Canyon and the description of the magnificent scenery is very well done.
Emma Grace McMurray runs away from home at the age of seventeen due to her father’s determination to literally sell her in marriage to the highest bidder. She changes her last name to Edwards and works for five years all over the country as a Harvey Girl, ending up at El Tovar on the Grand Canyon. Since her kidnapping at the age of eight, her mother’s death and her father’s unhealthy obsession with money, she lives in constant fear of being found by her father’s killer or one of the men who had paid her father for her. It is only at El Tovar  that she starts having a feeling of finally being part of a family now that she has friends. She has always felt abandoned by God as well as her father, but, as her new friends share with her what the Lord has done in their lives, she clings on to scriptures such as psalm 34:4, “I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears,.” and is gradually delivered from fear.
Ray Watkins has also come from a wealthy background with a father who prides himself on being one of the richest men in the country. Since giving his life to the Lord he is no longer the entitled young man he used to be. He is a keen photographer and takes many photos of the beautiful surroundings and the equally beautiful waitress that he has befriended.
The truth of being saved by grace and not by works comes out strongly in the story.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publisherx. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment