Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 15 August 2021

AFTER SHE FALLS by CARMEN SCHOBER

AFTER SHE FALLS by CARMEN SCHOBER is a really great read, full of action, memorable characters, and a Christian message of redemption as we see how Jesus transforms those who look to Him and how reconciliation with Him “can lead to  reconciliation with people”. I like the cage fighting theme and the loyalty between the fighters and their coaches. I also like the reference to broken people being put back together.
Adri Rivera and Max Lyons are two such people, meeting again after six years during which time Adri has had a daughter and married Owen Anders, who abused her physically and emotionally, and Max has opened a training gym in their home town of Sparta, taking over from his late father. 
There are other interesting characters such as Roman Rivera, Adri’s uncle, who took her in when her mother abandoned her, saw her passion for the sport and trained her to fight from the age of eight. We also see, on the opposite side of the spectrum, bullies and manipulators amongst the fighters and coaches.
It is really a lovely read and I do not want to spoil it for you by telling you any more. I am looking forward to more novels from this author.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment