Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 February 2021

CHASING SHADOWS by LYNN AUSTIN

Publication date 8/6/21
CHASING SHADOWS by LYNN AUSTIN is a beautifully told WW11 story which takes place in Holland and shows us the incredible courage and faith of three women who fight against the Nazi occupation in spite of their fear. As is always the case with this author, Christ's teachings lie at the foundation of the novel. We see Miriam Jacobs, a Jewess who escaped from Germany, Lena de Vries, a farmer's wife and her daughter Ans, who moves to Leiden, living lives of sacrifice in order to feed the hungry and hide Jews and other "undesirables" from the enemy. We see sacrificial love at its best throughout the story as opposed to the blind hatred of the enemy. We see people making difficult choices and not knowing who to trust in a world that has gone mad. We also see the healing power of music and how fear can drive a person towards faith in God.
I have only mentioned three of the wonderful characters, but there are many more who choose to resist rather than embrace the enemy, no matter the cost. It is really a most inspirational and thought provoking read.
.I cannot recommend Chasing Shadows strongly enough. In fact I would say that it is now one of my most favourite books and it is one I will definitely read more than once.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment