Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 6 April 2020

DAUGHTER OF CANA by ANGELA HUNT

DAUGHTER OF CANA by ANGELA HUNT is a must read for lovers of biblical fiction. In fact it is one of the best books I have read and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
The author has obviously done a great deal of research into life in Israel at the time, knows about Jewish feasts and old testament scripture, and paints a wonderful picture of Yeshua's ministry and earliest followers.
The story is told by Tasmin of Cana, the disciple Thomas' twin sister, and Jude of Nazareth, Yeshua's younger brother.
In spite of witnessing His first miracle at a wedding in Cana, Tasmin and Jude do not believe Yeshua's claim to be the Son of Man. When Thomas becomes a follower of Yeshua, they join forces to try and find their brothers. They want them to come home and face their family responsibilities. They are also afraid that they are going to get into trouble with the authorities. I love the descriptions of their travels and the people they meet along the way. The gospel story is told as they hear of Christ's miracles, witness some for themselves, and hear His teachings.
It is a beautifully written book and one that I will definitely read more than once.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment