Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 19 May 2019

COLD AIM by JANICE CANTORE

Publication date 9/7/19.
COLD AIM by JANICE CANTORE is a fast paced thriller with a strong Christian message, where topics such as human trafficking, the drug trade, loneliness, relationships, mercy and justice are addressed.
The story takes place in the little town of Rogue's Hollow where Tess O'Rourke is the police chief and Oliver Macpherson is the pastor. It is interesting to see how their relationship is growing in spite of the general consensus of opinion that the difference in their professions will make it impossible for them to do their jobs properly!
I like the description of life in a small town where the majority of people come out to help in times of crisis. We also come across men like Cyrus Beck who hides his criminal activity behind his quest for "conservation" and whose cohort, Ice, is as cold and calculating as his nickname implies.
Add a raging fire, abduction, murder and an unsolved cold case, and the police department has their work cut out!
It is an exciting and thought provoking book and I can highly recommend it as a most enjoyable read.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment