Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 May 2015

PACIFIC HOPE by BETTE NORDBERG

I can't believe I have had this amazing book on my shelf for ages and have only just read it now! I really enjoyed PACIFIC HOPE by BETTE NORDBERG and can highly recommend it. It is an exciting read with a strong Christian message. I am looking forward to reading more novels by this author.
The characters are very real and the way they deal with their difficult circumstances is well portrayed. I love the way that the Lord speaks to Mike and Kate as they cry out to Him! We get the feeling of His closeness to His children in even the worst situations.
The importance of repentance, forgiveness and unconditional love is brought out in this story, and also the importance of marriage. We see how, even though the people closest to us sometimes betray our trust, we can always trust the Lord.
Mike has problems on all sides - from the imminent break up of his marriage, which is his fault, to problems in his business, which he cannot understand. Has he become the victim of someone in the company's sinister plans?
Kate's father's heart attack adds to her problems, but is she using this as an excuse to keep away from Mike? What will it take for her to forgive him? Does she really want to?
Will their trip on the yacht "Second Chance" restore their marriage, or is it wishful thinking on Mike's part?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment