Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 18 June 2023

THE STARLET SPY by RACHEL SCOTT McDANIEL


Publication date 1/8/23
THE STARLET SPY by RACHEL SCOTT McDANIEL is a beautifully written and well researched WW11 novel that is a real page turner.
Amelie Blake is a succesful film star, well known for being a brainless blond, who wishes she could do something more for the war  effort than generate funds. Her wish comes true, but in a different way than she expects, when she is recruited as a spy and arrives in her native Sweden to search for a briefcase containing the highly explosive scientific documents written by Dr Nils Bohr and keep them out of the hands of the Nazis. Her acting ability is tested to the utmost as this “blond bimbo” with the photographic memory finds herself in all kinds of dangerous situations, not knowing who she can trust.
With the rumour of her mother’s so-called illness hitting the news, forty-eight hours training at The Farm, a gun strapped to her thigh and a set of lockpicks, she sets of on her mission, just as Esther in the Bible set off to save the Jews.
A contrived meeting with Finn Ristaffson, whose boatyard was the scene of the landing of the Jewish refugees and the missing briefcase, leads to her staying in his home with his mother Anna and meeting all kinds of people , some of whom, including Finn, are on the persons of interest list she has been given.
I really enjoy the way the book is full of biblical truth and the way Amelie cries out to Father God for help….
I am not going to tell you any more for fear of spoiling things for you.
I cannot recommend The Starlet Spy highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publishing. The opinions in this review are completely my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment