Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 30 October 2020

A PIECE OF THE MOON by CHRIS FABRY

Publication date 6/4/21
A PIECE OF THE MOON by CHRIS FABRY is an inspirational read with a really interesting message.
The author has a deep understanding of human nature and of the Word of God which he uses to tell us about the treasure hunt set in motion by Gideon Quidley. The rather eccentric Gideon wants people, especially his son Milton, to follow the biblical clues, thus drawing closer to God.
Some people, like pastor Robby Gardner, make a detailed study of the clues, and others just dig all over. Many get hurt in the madness. The words of Jesus in Mark 8:36, " For what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" underline the story. I see it as a modern day parable.
There are some really interesting characters - I especially love Waite Evers, who shepherds his little flock of "dropouts" at Country 16, the local radio station that is almost the lifeblood of the small town of Emmaus. With strong faith, love and humour he is in the business of encouragement and of giving people a second chance.
I am not going to tell you any more about the story, nor am I going to tell you how the title fits into it! You will have to read the book to find out!
I highly recommend A Piece of the Moon as a most enjoyable and thought provoking read.
I was given an ARC copy of the book by Tyndale House Publishers from NetGalley. The opinions in this review are completely my own.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Chrisfabry said...

Oh I love this phrase--"little flock of dropouts!" That's it exactly. What God can do through a little flock of dropouts, right?

Post a Comment