Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 8 July 2020

TWO REASONS TO RUN by COLLEEN COBLE

Publication date 8/9/20
TWO REASONS TO RUN by COLLEEN COBLE follows One Little Lie, and I strongly advise you to read these two really great Christian suspense novels in sequence - you will not be sorry - although the book can be read as a standalone.
Jane Hardy is chief of police in Pelican Harbor. Her father, Charles Hardy, was chief of police before her. He lied to her fifteen years ago, when he helped her escape from a cult, saying that her baby son had died. This has made her wary of trusting him to tell her the truth about her mother's whereabouts.
Jane and Reid, the father of her son Will, start out with a really rocky relationship, but when Will's life is threatened after a murder at the Zeus oil rig, and Jane and Reid's investigation into the probability that something bad is about to go down there, they are drawn together.
The suspense is nail biting, the characters are well portrayed and there is a message of forgiveness and of trusting the Lord no matter what, running through the story. In fact Reid and Will's faith is pretty strong.The author has a way of bringing us right into the characters' emotions so that we feel we really know them. 
I cannot wait to see what happens in the next novel in the series and highly recommend Two Reasons To Run to anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment