Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 24 January 2013

SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN BY BRANDT DODSON

SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN by BRANDT DODSON is a novel which brings home the message of forgiveness, which is not surprising considering the title!
Colton Parker is a former F.B.I. Agent, turned private investigator, who is called upon by a wealthy business man to find his missing wife. Things are not as they seem, and when he finds the man's wife he is forced to face the mother who abandoned him as a baby, and is drawn into doing battle with  some very dangerous people.
Colton is struggling to forgive himself for his wife's death, which he feels was his fault, and he is also trying desperately to connect with his thirteen year old daughter, who has lost the mother she adored and who blames him for her death.
Colton's struggles are well portrayed, and we are left with the feeling that he is finally ready to turn to the One who died so that his sins could be forgiven.  We also see the importance of facing up to what one has done wrong in order to be set free from guilt.
The plot is exciting and well worked out and there is a strong Christian message. I really enjoyed this book.  I have read two other Brandt Dodson novels, WHITE SOUL and DANIEL'S DEN,  which I can also recommend.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment