Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 5 October 2019

DAUGHTER OF ROME by TESSA AFSHAR

Publication date 4/2/20
Having read and enjoyed all of TESSA AFSHAR's novels, I was looking forward to receiving a copy of DAUGHTER OF ROME, and I am definitely not disappointed! In her special way, the author draws us into New Testament times with the story of Priscilla and Aquila, adding wonderful characters that round out the Bible story, without in any way detracting from the truth. She uses Scriptures throughout which form an integral part of the book. There is a richness in her writing that really makes the Bible come alive.
Priscilla comes from a noble Roman family, but when her father dies she is treated badly by her brother. She longs to belong to a family and finds acceptance and love amongst the followers of Yeshua. She is compassionate and kind, forgiving others whilst she finds it hard to forgive herself!
Aquila is a young Jewish follower of Yeshua, who is initially seen as being quite judgmental and legalistic. Their love story is beautifully told.
The two of them, together with additional "family" members, serve the Lord faithfully in Rome and then in Corinth, where they serve with Paul, following him to Ephesus.
I am not going to tell you any more as I do not want to spoil things for you, except to say that there is everything in this novel that makes for a most enjoyable read - romance, intrigue, likable characters and biblical truth. I cannot recommend Daughter of Rome highly enough.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Sue. Glad you are one of my first reviewers. Really enjoyed your insight!
Tessa

Post a Comment