Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 19 October 2020

BEAUTY AMONG RUINS by J'NELL CIESIELSKI

Publication date 12/1/21
BEAUTY AMONG RUINS by J'NELL CIESIELSKI is a really lovely historical romance novel which takes place in Scotland during the first world war. It is beautifully written, with unforgettable characters and a good bit of humour.
It is a story threaded with heartache and hope and one that really makes a person think.
There are enemies on all sides, not just the Germans who are responsible for the broken soldiers being treated at the convalescent home at Kinclavoch, but also those who would destroy everything in the way of their selfish ambitions.
The delightful Lily Durham is banished to England for a time by her parents with the hope that she will come into line with their plans for her life. They see her as cheeky and disrespectful and want to quench her friendly and optimistic spirit.
I love to see her kindness towards the Tommies in her care and also towards Viola, Lord Strathem's sister, and her gradual understanding of the grouchy Alec MacGregor, Lord Strathem.
The setting is so well described, with the ruggedness of Scotland and her wild weather playing a part in the story.
There is romance, suspense, inspiration and a feeling of restoration of that which is broken running through the book, and I cannot recommend Beauty Among Ruins highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Thomas Nelson. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment