Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 12 October 2019

CHILDREN OF THE STARS by MARIO ESCOBAR

Publication date 25/2/20
CHILDREN OF THE STARS by MARIO ESCOBAR tells the unforgettable story of two Jewish brothers, Jacob and Moses Stein, who, against all odds, travel from the horrors of World War Ii Paris half way around the world to find their parents. It is not only their courage that strikes one but also the incredible courage of those who were willing to help them. The unconditional love of these people provides a strong contrast to the hatred of the Nazi regime. The story is full of unforgettable characters, some of whom are actual historical figures such as Pastor Andre Trocle and his wife Magda who worked with displaced people, both Jew and Gentile, in the village of Le Chambron-sur-Lignon.
The author has an incredible way of describing human emotions, and we are really drawn into Jacob and Moses' physical and emotional journey. It is an inspirational story, both heart breaking and heart warming, and throughout we feel the presence of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, as ordinary people reach out to others, risking their lives to help those who have been branded because of their nationality or religion. There is so much truth in this novel. Amongst other things we are reminded that the fight against evil is a spiritual one.
The story is really riveting and I cannot recommend the book highly enough. In fact I will go as far as to say it is one of the best novels I have read this year.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment