Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 22 October 2019

THE TIME OF JACOB'S TROUBLE by DONNA VANLIERE

Publication date 17/3/20
I have been waiting a long time for a book like this - in fact since the Left Behind series, all of which I read over and over again.
THE TIME OF JACOB'S TROUBLE by DONNA VANLIERE is not only an exciting novel but it is so full of truth that I know I will read it many times as well. Whether you are serious about your Christian walk and want to learn more about the Rapture of the church and end times prophecy, or just want to read a riveting story, this is the book for you.
The story starts with the disappearance of people all over the world. There is a well described sense of panic and despair at the mayhem that is let loose with looting gangs, attacks on America and Israel, and general lawlessness. Everyone seems to have their own opinion, from aliens taking people, to chemical reactions, to ridding the earth of Christians with their intolerance and bigoted ideas, and many other views. Those who feel that maybe God has taken His people to be with Him are viewed as the enemy!
Life changes for ever for Emma Grady when Mrs Ramos, the woman she is working on at the rehabilitation centre is suddenly not there! She is terrified and manages to get home through the chaos to her boyfriend Matt, who is just as confused as she is. She is also devastated to hear from her sister that their mother has disappeared.
In Israel, Dr Zerah Adler is equally thrown by the disappearance of Dr Haas, one of his co-workers.
There are many interesting characters and the plot is well crafted.
i will leave you there as I do not want to spoil the read for you.
The author is very knowledgeable about the end times and really knows the Word of God. Her explanations in "Where in the Word" at the end are excellent. I have highlighted so many passages right through and really enjoyed every part of the book. I am looking forward to the next novels in the series.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment