Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 11 August 2020

HER SECRET SONG by MARY CONNEALY

Publication date 6/10/20
How lovely to be back on Hope Mountain with the three delightful Nordegren sisters, this time as we follow the oldest sister Ursula's story! This series is one I have really enjoyed and I cannot recommend Her Secret Song strongly enough.
When Ursula finally gets up enough courage to leave her voluntary solitary existence to go down to the Lowlands, pushing aside the fear instilled in her by her grandmother, she comes across the badly injured Wax Mosby and literally prays and sings him back to life, as she helps him up to her cabin!
I love to see the innocence and gentle kindness in this rather unusual and fierce young woman and her strong faith in God, despite her confusion about the second bible! It is also good to see how Wax Mosby, who is feared as a killer, takes his new commitment to Christ seriously.
It is a story about courage, loneliness, overcoming fear, and in Wax Mosby's case, of doing the right thing. There are some really amusing parts, a sweet romance, and some nail biting tension when the Wardens are fighting to regain their land. It is altogether a most worthwhile read.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers. 



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

Thank you so much for this review. I'm so glad you liked Her Secret Song!!!

Denise said...

I can’t wait! Is it too late to volunteer to read it and write a review?

Tonya Stewart said...

I can hardly wait to get my copy either!!

Post a Comment