Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 2 September 2024

GUILTY UNTIL INNOCENT by ROBERT WHITLOW

GUILTY UNTIL INNOCENT is a well written legal thriller by ROBERT WHITLOW with a strong Christian message and relevant scriptures throughout the story.
Joe Moore in prison is a very different person to the young man who was incarcerated twenty six years ago for double murder when strung out on drugs. In fact, “The leadership ability God placed in Joe didn’t emerge until he was incarcerated, but it had risen to the surface in prison,” where we find him teaching Bible studies, praying and even fasting for his friend Deshaun’s marriage……..
Ryan Clark, after losing his job with two consecutive legal firms, is finally employed by his distant cousin Tom. He is afraid of losing this job too, especially as his wife Paige is pregnant, but Tom gives him the job of trying to find out the truth of what happened outside that seedy nightclub twenty six years ago when Tom is asked by Joe’s niece to try and get a motion for appropriate relief passed so he can finally get out of prison.  When Ryan is nervous about taking on the responsibility, Tom says to him, “You’ll  rise to the occasion” and “What’s happened in the past isn’t going to define your future as a lawyer.”……
Joe is unsure about the case being reopened but he finally agrees and, after much prayer, says to his friend, “I have to consider what my family wants to do and God’s purposes for the young lawyer who came to see me.”…….
There are some wonderful characters and some who are not as they seem, but we see God’s redemptive power throughout the story. I particularly like the relationship between Joe, Ryan and Paige……
The novel is very exciting and will keep you guessing right to the end. 
I cannot recommend Guilty Until Innocent highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Thomas Nelson. The opinions in this review are completely my own.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment