Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 September 2024

AMBUSH by COLLEEN COBLE

AMBUSH by COLLEEN COBLE is an exciting thriller which takes place in Nova Cambridge, Alabama, at The Wildlife Sanctuary, where Paradise Alden joins the staff as a vet. She is determined to face up to her fears and find the person responsible for her parents’ murder. She also has to face her first boyfriend, Blake Lawson, whose betrayal ruined her life, and her fear of big cats after having been mauled by a jaguar.   
Blake has left his career in the Marines to help his mother Jenna run the Sanctuary as well as help her with his young brothers after the death of his stepfather., Hank.
The story is exciting as Blake and Paradise work together to find out who is responsible for the murder of animal activist, Danielle Mason, whose bloody body is delivered in a trailer to the property,  the burning down of Paradise’s cottage, and the opening up of gates turning dangerous animals loose, thus giving the place a bad name. It seems as though someone is trying to force Jenna to sell…..
The characters are great. I specially love Blake’s little brothers Levi and Isaac, and their interacton with him and Paradise.
There is a strong Christian message of redemption and forgiveness running through the book.
I cannot recommend this unputdownable romantic suspense novel highly enough.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Thomas Nelson. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment