Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 30 August 2024

THE PHARISEE’S WIFE by JANETTE OKE

THE PHARISEE’S WIFE by JANETTE OKE is beautifully written biblical fiction in which Jesus’ life,  death an resurrectiom form the foundation of the story. From the beginning of the book where Mary, together with her parents, Amos and Huldah, is searching for the miracle-working Prophet,to touch and heal her beloved father, through Mary’s uhappy marriage to the angry and prideful Pharisee Enos, whose ambition  is to destroy Jesus, and then to His crucifiction and resurrection. His miracles are well portrayed throughout.
Mary, whose name Enos has changed to Simona, is a gentle, hardworking village girl, who has much to learn to make her “worthy” of marriage to a Pharisee……
The struggles of the believers in Jesus become more and more dire after the resurrection, and we see those who are willing to die for Christ. We also see the love they have for one another.
The author has given us a good picture of life at the time, right up to the destruction of the Temple by the Romans.
I cannot recommend this lovely and inspiring read highly enough.
I was given an ARC by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinios in this review are cometely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment