Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 18 July 2024

HOPE LIKE WILDFLOWERS by PEPPER BASHAM

Publication date 1/10/24
HOPE LIKE WILDFLOWERS by PEPPER BASHAM is one of the loveliest novels that I have read this year. I really enjoy the author’s style and her portrayal of the characters’ emotions, and also the way the Christian message forms an integral part of the story. This is a story about wonder and hope, unconditional love and God’s redemptive power to save the lost and restore the broken.
Kizzie McAdams, pregnant and afraid, thrown out by her father, is running towards Oak Plains and Charles Morgan, her baby’s father, being chased by coyotes, when she is rescued by Joshua Chappell and taken in by his wife Nella, whose wise words, together with her mother’s bible, lead her to cry out to the Lord.
“You may not want to listen to someone like me, but if there’s anything I can do to make you love me, lord, I want to try. I…I aint got nobody else. And I need you. Even if its just the leftovers of Your love. I reckon they’re better than a feast anywhere else. I’ll take the scraps.” 
As Nella says, “Time and the Lord will make you stronger. If you let ‘em”, and that certainly takes place in Kizzie’s life as she endeavours to live for the Lord and others. I like the way she cares for the lost and broken when she moves to a nearby town to start afresh. Her she meets Noah Lewis and his mother who have also been broken by circumstances in their lives and who care deeply for those in need…….
That is all I am going to tell you for fear of spoiling your read.
I cannot recommend the novel highly enough. 
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Barbour Publishing. The opinions in this review are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment