Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 31 January 2019

AMERICAN OMENS by TRAVIS THRASHER

Publication date 12/2/19
AMERICAN OMENS by TRAVIS THRASHER is a book in which the author deals with corruption in high places, and we see an escalation of wickedness in a country (America in 2038) where godlessness is rife and technology has been pushed to frightening extremes. There is neither peace not privacy as wicked men use technology to not only infiltrate people's lives but also to control everything about them.
The story starts in Chicago, a city which is compared to Sodom and Gomorrah. It is in this city that a man who goes by the name Reckoner, a modern day prophet, and a group of Christians, use this technology to get God's message across to the people. This takes faith and courage as Christianity and Christian morality have been banned as "hate speech" and judgmentalism, and the men and women who stand for the truth of God's word are in very real danger of being murdered. Will this message be enough to turn the population back to God before it is too late?
I like the characters - both the good and bad are well portrayed. The book is an excellent study of human nature.
The author shows the dangers of complacency and spreading a merely social gospel. There are many quotes from Scripture, especially from the book of Zephaniah, which are very apt for the situation in the world today.
This book is a wake up call for believers and I feel it is a "must read" for anyone who is serious in his or her commitment to the Lord. Obedience to the call of the Holy Spirit is the key.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment