Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 11 January 2019

A RETURN OF DEVOTION by KRISTY ANN HUNTER

A RETURN OF DEVOTION is the sequel to A DEFENSE of HONOR by KRISTY ANN HUNTER, and I am really glad to have read and reviewed them both. In this book we carry on with Daphne's story, although it can be read as a stand alone.
I particularly like the way the author speaks about important matters with sensitivity and some humour, threaded through with solid biblical truth. The characters are very real and it is an emotional read as we are made to feel what they are feeling. This book has a bit of everything - romance, intrigue and interesting characters.
Haven Manor has been run as a loving home for illegitimate children for twelve years when William, Marquis of Chemsford, comes to take possession of the property which his father won in a card game. Whilst Daphne, Jess, and the three children who are left, do their best to act like servants and cover up their past activities, things get really out of hand!
The story takes place in the early 1800's where class distinction was rife and where unmarried mothers and their children often had nowhere to go but the workhouse.
The story is well worked out and leaves one with a great deal of food for thought. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment