Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 August 2020

THE SHEPHERD'S WIFE by ANGELA HUNT

Publication date 6/10/20
THE SHEPHERD'S WIFE is the second novel in the Jerusalem Road series by ANGELA HUNT. This is a really beautiful series, giving us such insight into life in Bible days and a wonderful background to the simple, normal family life of our Saviour and King. Although the novel is a work of fiction this fact does not detract at all from the basic truths of the Word of God, which come through very strongly.
This is the story of Pheodora, who is portrayed as Yeshua's youngest sister. She is married to Chiram, a lowly shepherd, and lives happily with him and her four daughters in Bethlehem until her husband ends up in debtor's prison.
Her sister Damaris is beautiful. She is married to a very rich man, Shimon, whose ambition to become a Pharisee and refusal to help Chiram is a stumbling block in her relationship with her sister.
It is interesting to see the arrogance of the Pharisees and the complexity of their laws and rituals as opposed to the simplicity of Yeshua's teaching.
The author is very knowledgeable about biblical history, but it is her obvious faith in Christ and love of the Word of God that comes through strongly in her writing and really appeals to me.
I am not going to tell you any more of the story for fear of spoiling the read for you. All I can say is - do not miss this lovely and truly inspirational book!
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Bethany House Publishers.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you so much for the kind review. This is the first reader review I have seen, and I am so glad you enjoyed the book as much as I enjoyed writing it. Blessings to you and yours. Angie

Post a Comment