Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Saturday 21 September 2019

PROMISED LAND by ROBERT WHITLOW

Publication date 14/1/20.
PROMISED LAND by ROBERT WHITLOW follows on from Chosen People.
The novel can stand alone, but it will mean more to you if you read Chosen People first. It is a legal thriller, full of intrigue, suspense, and life and death moments. It is also a story about relationships, especially with regard to trusting the Lord and one another, and has a beautiful Christian message running through it.
Hana Abboud and Daud Hasan are newly married and living in Atlanta, where Hana works for a prestigious Jewish law firm. She is fluent in Arabic and Hebrew, which makes her extra valuable, as they have many Middle Eastern clients.
Daud is a former Shin Bet operative and now works in setting up security for businesses in America and the Middle East. He also does some undercover work for the CIA.
The story takes place largely between America and Israel. Hana and Daud ask the Lord where their promised land is - should they stay in Atlanta or move to Jerusalem? Because of Daud's past, both places are dangerous for them. My favourite words in the book describe Hana, when she finally overcomes her constant fear that something is going to happen to Daud - "The promised land within her soul had become conquered land, and those who lived in conquered land could be at peace. More than ever, Jesus was her Prince of Peace."
It is a story of reconciliation, and, when Hana is asked by her Jewish boss to speak at an interfaith forum on Israel, she is prepared to tell her story as a Christian Arab whose family has lived in Israel for four hundred years, close to Nazareth where Jesus grew up.
I found the book most inspirational, exciting, and altogether enjoyable. It is a book that I will read more than once and I cannot recommend it highly enough.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment