Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 May 2018

THE SATURDAY NIGHT SUPPER CLUB by CARLA LAUREANO

THE SATURDAY NIGHT SUPPER CLUB by CARLA LAUREANO is a delightful romance novel with a really good Christian message.
It is the story of a dedicated, award winning chef, Rachel Bishop, who has worked her way up from helping at a restaurant when she left home at the age of fifteen, to having a major share in her own restaurant, Paisley, at thirty.
We see how fickle social media can be when she becomes the victim of a vicious smear campaign, which is made worse when essayist, Alex Kanin, writes an article which causes her partners to buy her out of her restaurant and leave her high and dry.
With all the people who matter in the restaurant business suddenly not taking her calls, she takes Alex up on his offer to help her find an investor in a new restaurant. This is how the Saturday Night Supper Club starts.
I love the way the characters are so natural, and also the humour throughout their conversations. Alex and Rachel start out really badly, with Rachel hurt and angry and Alex trying to make things right because he feels guilty for ruining her career.
We see how important it is to follow one's own dreams and not compromise in order to please others. We also see how one needs to nurture one's relationship with the Lord, and choose what really is important in life.
I can highly recommend this novel - it is a really enjoyable read. In fact I will definitely be reading it more than once!



Rachel Bishop Alex Kanin


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment