Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 27 March 2018

A MOST NOBLE HEIR by SUSAN ANNE MASON

In A MOST NOBLE HEIR by SUSAN ANNE MASON the themes of class distinction, unconditional love, loyalty and family life are explored. The novel takes place at Stainsby Hall in Derbyshire in 1884. It reminds me of Downton Abbey with the descriptions of life upstairs with the nobility, and downstairs in the servants' quarters!
Edward, Earl of Stainsby, is shattered when he finds out that his stable hand, Nolan Price, is indeed his son from his first marriage, and that he has married Hannah, one of his maids. In Edward's eyes Hannah is now beneath Nolan, and he does his best to break up the marriage. There is quite a battle of wills between father and son and the stress of it all affects Hannah badly. Hannah, Nolan, and even Edward each have areas in their past that need to be dealt with before they can have any peace in the situation in which they find themselves.
I don't want to spoil the story for you, but will just say that there is romance, intrigue, and a good Christian message. I really enjoyed this book.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Susan Mason said...

I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you!

Post a Comment