Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 12 June 2017

BREAD OF ANGELS by TESSA AFSHAR

TESSA AFSHAR has done it again - BREAD OF ANGELS is another beautiful novel, this time telling the story of Lydia of Thyatira, maker of purple dye, who we meet in Acts chapter sixteen.
We follow her journey from Thyatira to Philippi, where she meets Paul and Silas and other followers of Christ.
The Author not only has an incredible insight into the time in which the story takes place, but the truth of the Gospel runs through the novel, showing her faith in the Lord and knowledge of the Word.
Lydia's struggles, especially the struggle with fear that has dogged her since she was a child, make her very human and easy to relate to. I love the way we follow her from her childhood, where she lived with her father in Thyatira, to her new life in Phillippi.
I love all this Author's novels, but this one has become my new favorite! The story is exciting and meaningful, the characters very real, and I cannot recommend it highly enough!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment