Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Friday 28 October 2016

WHERE SHE BELONGS by JOHNNIE ALEXANDER

In WHERE SHE BELONGS, JOHNNIE ALEXANDER shows us what really is important in life.
Shelby Kincaid is the daughter of missionaries and has never felt that she really belonged anywhere, excepting at Misty Willow, when she stayed there with her grandparents. Her grandparents had a strong marriage and she wants the same for herself. Recently widowed, she takes her two little girls and goes back to the place that was "stolen" from her grandparents by Sully Sullivan, to make a new life there.
AJ Sullivan doesn't feel the same way about Misty Willow, however, having been left the place by his unkind and unscrupulous grandfather. His grandparents' marriage was anything but idyllic, and neither was that of his parents. He shared a loving grandmother, Joyanna, with his worldly cousins, Brett and Amy. She had a lot to do with the three of them while they were growing up and was sad that the cousins didn't get on. When she died, AJ lost his sense of belonging, as she was the only real stability in his life.
These two unlikely people are drawn together by circumstance and an overlapping history. We follow their story, told against the backdrop of a small and caring community, as they learn to forgive, to love unconditionally, and to discern what really is important in life.
As they cling to the promises God has given them, we are made party to their struggles. It is a beautifully written story with a strong Christian message. I am reading the second novel in the MISTY WILLOW series, which I know I am going to enjoy as well.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Johnnie Alexander said...

Hi,Sue. Thank you for your encouraging review. I'm so glad you loved Shelby and AJ's story, and I hope you love Brett's, too! God "set my feet in a spacious place" during a time of doubt and wondering. I think He also gave it to me so I could give it to Shelby. LOL!

Post a Comment