Pages

Subscribe:

Blog Archive

Christian Novel Review

Having always been an avid reader, since becoming a Christian I have found a wealth of reading material in Christian bookshops and in various second hand bookshops. I have found that in Christian novels one often finds truths that help in one’s Christian walk. I enjoy reading about how the various characters deal with life, and I also find I am the richer for reading a really good Christian novel. Certain authors, through their books, give you a real insight into their joys and struggles, which I find very interesting. The books which I am going to review are those which I have really enjoyed, and have read at least twice – some books, for example the “Mark of the Lion “ series by Francine Rivers, I have read at least five times each. The first books that I am going to talk about are the latest two novels by Francine Rivers,


Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 April 2019

THE MEDALLION by CATHY GOHLKE



Publication date 4/6/19.
In THE MEDALLION, CATHY GOHLKE tells a story of courage, sacrifice and unconditional love, against the background of the horrors of World War II in Poland. She includes true stories of heroes who literally laid down their lives for others, by saving children, mostly Jewish, from being murdered by the Germans. It is an emotional story, which not only speaks of anti-Semitism and man's inhumanity towards man, but adds a strong thread of hope, as Christians work together to help their Jewish brothers and sisters, remembering that Jesus was a Jew and that they serve the same God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
The characters are beautifully portrayed and we feel their pain and the struggle that those who survive have in coming to grips with what they have experienced. There is a little girl in the story who brings new life into a painful situation.
The author obviously loves God's chosen people and has done a great deal of research into the history of that time. This is a novel that has really touched my heart, and is one of the best books I have read this year. I cannot recommend it highly enough.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.
l.

0 comments:

Post a Comment